Armenia Fund USA - Job Description
- Major Gift Officer
- Database Analyst / Data Entry
1. Major Gift Officer
Responsible for the design, management and implementation of the major giving
program, the Major Gift Officer will have a significant impact on the organization’s
future ability to continue to fund large-scale infrastructure initiatives in
the developing nations of Armenia and neighboring Nagorno Karabakh.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of Major Gift fundraising as it relates to
the $5,000 to $99,999 levels. Prepare written materials including correspondence
and solicitation materials. Also have direct involvement in the preparation
of press releases, newsletter and PR material as it relates to major gift
- Serve as primary liaison with Major Gifts Committee. Work with this board
committee to develop levels. Develop strategies to reach fundraising goals
for each level. Confer with delegated board members regarding strategies and
- Identify, research cultivate and solicit qualified prospects for major gifts.
Maintain individual donor profiles and all communication with next-steps on
qualified prospects and donors.
- Maintain prospect/donor database as it relates to Major Giving and employ
prospect “moves management” to administer systematic cultivation
process for prospects. Responsible for defining a “strategic action
plan” for each prospect based on data available and supervising its
use in solicitation of gifts to closure. Confer with Executive Director and/or
appropriate board members in determining strategy and priority of prospects
- Coordinate Major Gift cultivation and recognition events with assistance
of office personnel and/or with community volunteer leaders in several Eastern
- Attend local concerts, receptions, political events and cultivation events
as required. Attend regional functions of the organization throughout the
Eastern U.S. as required.
- Manage stewardship of major gift donors, receiving feedback, additional
prospect leads, volunteer help and coordinate testimonials for further marketing/donation
building purposes. Develop programs of public recognition for volunteers and
- Develop short and long-term goals with Executive Director that are reviewed
periodically and that are both challenging and realistic.
- Prepare concise, comparative reports for quarterly board meetings, showing
areas of improvement and progress toward all stated goals.
- Provide support in all areas of development for the organization.
- Stay current with industry trends, as well as events of Armenia and the
- Work collaboratively with parent organization and other affiliates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Challenges & Opportunities:
- This newly developed position offers the opportunity to create a permanent,
comprehensive major giving program that will be held up as a standard for
the other affiliates within the international Armenia Fund family.
- The position is a leadership position that will guide the organization in
major gift concepts and how it relates to the other areas of development.
The position will help establish a “Major Gift Committee” within
the board structure.
- The position provides opportunity to make recommended changes to existing
development policies or to establish new practices and policies in association
with outside consultants and with Executive Director and board approval.
- The position involves a significant number of personal visits and extensive
communication by phone and letter in order to build a relationship that motivates
the donor to give generously. Written materials may include donor/prospect
surveys to ascertain interests.
- The position will rely on innovative cultivation strategies to stimulate
interest on the part of potential donors who may be indifferent to proposals
or have other giving priorities.
- Based on amount raised in relation to established annual target.
- Based on number of new donors at major gift level in relation to established
- Based on number of substantive contacts showing related actions and outcomes.
- Based on percentage of moves made per cultivation stage.
- Based on customer satisfaction levels per 360° evaluation including
ratings from donors, colleagues, subordinates, Executive Director.
- Works with Marketing/Public Relations Manager regarding publications, brochures,
media releases, etc.
- Works with Office/Database Administrator regarding gift entry, report generation.
- Works with fundraising consultant regarding design of program.
- Works with the board committee members designated for major gift fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree desirable.
- Five years experience in fundraising with at least 3-5 years in major gift
fundraising. Must have proven track record of garnering support of five and
- CFRE certification desired. Involvement with professional organizations
- Experience in international development/emergency relief support, multiple-affiliate
organizational structures or ethnic-based fundraising desired. Knowledge of
the Armenian language, culture and/or current events desired, but not necessary.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and some travel.
- Experience with word processing and spread sheet applications. Knowledge
of Raiser’s Edge or other donor database a plus.
- Excellent personal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
2. Database Analyst / Data Entry
Location: New York, NY
Type: Part Time / Full Time - Experienced
Armenia Fund USA, a 14-year-old non-profit organization, is seeking a full
time / part-time employee for database analysis and data entry (24 hr/wk). Located
in New York City, and funded entirely through donations and foundation grants.
For more information on visit our website at www.armeniafundusa.org.
- Develop and implement annual direct mail campaign, periodic mailed appeals.
printing and communication.
- Expand, upgrade, manage and maintain donor database as needed, process donations.
- Promptly enter all gifts, prepare daily batch reports and directory updates,
prepare acknowledgment letters, correspondence.
- Provide Chairman, Executive Director, Development Officer and Marketing
Officer data reports as requested, provide monthly and quarterly giving reports
- Perform financial and bookkeeping activities; execute electronic transfers,
banking deposits and office administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2 years experience with Raiser’s Edge;
- Facility with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Quick Books
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
- Good grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Background in bookkeeping desirable
- Flexibility and a cooperative mindset. Familiarity with the Armenian community,
culture or language is a plus.
Competitive salary & benefits. Position to begin immediately.
Apply by February 28.
Send cover letter with resume to Irina Lazarian, at [email protected],
fax 212-689-5317 / 646-365-3234 or mail to Armenia Fund USA, 152 Madison Ave.,
Ste 803, New York, NY 1001